How do you make the industry-leading 15-liter engine even better? You talk to customers, spend thousands of hours on a dynamometer and run 9 million
real-world test miles to deliver better performance, reliability and support.
- Optimized Emissions Control – Cummins Single Module™ aftertreatment has exceptional thermal efficiency, resulting in fewer regenerations, and meets OBD16 and GHG17 requirements.
- Hardware Improvements – Includes a stronger turbo actuator, a larger-flow Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler and optimization through removal of several components.
- Improved Oil Control – Up to 40 percent reduction in oil consumption through power cylinder improvements.
- Collaboration with Chassis Builders – Each installation undergoes rigorous testing to ensure trouble-free operation.
- The Most Powerful Engine for Motorhomes – The X15, with up to 605 hp, now has better performance at lower rpm, for faster acceleration and more confidence when driving in the mountains.
Stay in Control – The most powerful compression brake in the industry, with over 600 bhp, for confidence going down grades and better service brake life.
- Better Acceleration, Faster Warm-Up and Stronger Engine Braking – The proven Cummins VGT® Turbo incorporates 15 years of technological improvements.
||912 CU IN
|Lube Oil Capacity
||Up to B20
|Engine Braking Horsepower
||Up to 600 HP @ 2100 RPM
|No Load Governed Speed
|Engine Weight (Dry)
*Depending on configuration
Engine Finder Specifications
||Advertised HP (kW) @ RPM
||Peak Torque LB-FT (N•M) @ RPM
||605 (451) @ 1800
||1950 (2644) @ 1150
||565 (421) @ 1800
||1950 (2644) @ 1150
- Cummins on Every™ Corner – Over 3,500 authorized locations across North America, to support parts and service needs.
- One Source for Service – Your local distributor supports both Cummins engines and Cummins Onan® generators.
- Connected Solutions™ – Combine with Cummins QuickServe® Online mobile, Cummins Fault Advisor and Connected Diagnostics,™ for even better support.
- INSITE™ Mobile – Enables downloading of critical engine and operational data to mobile devices for fast, accurate diagnostics and reporting.
- Easier Maintenance – New crankcase ventilation design requires no maintenance. A single oil-drain plug makes oil changes faster and easier.
- Get the Latest – For more information on the Cummins X15 engine, visit cumminsengines.com/rv. To learn more about Cummins Onan generators, visit power.cummins.com/rv. For maintenance and parts information, visit quickserve.cummins.com
|Oil and Filter
Consult your chassis and engine Owners Manuals for more information
|2017 RV / EV Extended Coverage TriFold Brochure
|2017 X15 For Recreational Vehicles Flyer
|QRG - Motorhome Maintenance And Operation - ISX15 And X15 Engines (550-605 hp)