SmartEfficiency: High-Achieving and Cost-Lowering
The Cummins SmartEfficiency initiative is a focused approach that improves uptime and reliability and providing a broad spectrum of engine choices to meet every need. The combination of a low cost of operation, high reliability, clean operation and long-term durability are unsurpassed in the industry. The fact that all Cummins engines use the same control system technology and can be serviced at any authorized Cummins location ensures serviceability anywhere, anytime
Even with a legacy of over 12 million B series engines sold over the last 32 years, Cummins continues to keep improving a time-tested and proven reliable product. That’s why Cummins is redefining a classic and introducing the newest-generation B Series engine – the B6.7. The Cummins B6.7 for 2017 is more efficient, with up to 5 percent better fuel economy over the EPA 2013 ISB6.7. Aftertreatment Technology: Simply Better
The B6.7 Hybrid system operates at consistent engine speeds and temperatures, providing a perfect match for the application of the Single Module aftertreatment system. It combines Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) into a single flow-through design. It occupies up to 70 percent less space and weighs up to 30 percent less. The smaller size allows it to be installed closer to the engine, for better heat management. That, together with the reduced weight, contributes to improved fuel economy. The UL2 Urea Dosing System eliminates the need for engine coolant lines to the doser, provides more efficient atomization, to minimize the risk of urea dosing deposits and reduces regeneration events, while maintaining a 3 percent to 4 percent Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) usage factor.
In transit applications, the B6.7 Hybrid system provides up to 5 percent fuel-economy improvements compared with the 2013 ISB6.7 Hybrid. That is a result of an enhanced VGT turbocharger, reduced friction and better thermal management. Connected Diagnostics: Smarter Route Management with Connected Diagnostics
Transit bus drivers have enough to pay attention to without being concerned about engine fault codes. In the rare event that one is triggered while the bus is in operation, it can be diagnosed immediately over the air, through the addition of Connected Diagnostics. Cummins Connected Diagnostics delivers real-time engine fault code analysis, with a probable diagnosis and a recommended action for school buses that are equipped with telematics.
||660 lb ft
|Clutch Engagement Torque
||400 lb ft
|Number of Cylinders
|Engine Weight (Dry)
Engine Finder Specifications
||Advertised HP (kW)
||Peak Torque LB-FT (Nm) @ RPM
||660 (896) @ 1600
Cummins designs, develops and supports every component, from the air handling to the exhaust aftertreatment, to work as a totally integrated system – so we can optimize every function better than other engine manufacturers.
• VGT Turbo from Cummins Turbo Technologies - This patented design is widely recognized as an industry performance leader. The refined design improves responsiveness in the B6.7 while an upgraded bearing system increases overall robustness. The VGT Turbo is a key element in providing increased fuel economy and exceptional braking horsepower
• Connected Diagnostics™ - Wirelessly connect your engine to Cummins through a telematics device for immediate diagnosis of a fault alert. Within seconds, Connected Diagnostics provides a clear recommendation for continued operation or the need for service.
• High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) Fuel System - Delivers superior performance even in lower engine rpm ranges. Enables multiple injection events per cycle, for improved fuel efficiency with quieter, smoother operation.
• Air Handling System - A more robust Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler and valve enhance thermal efficiency and reliability.
• Single Module Aftertreatment From Cummins Emission Solutions - Combines high-efficiency SCR, a more reliable dosing unit and a DPF into a single flow-through unit. It is up to 70 percent smaller, so it’s easier to install, and as much as 30 percent lighter than the aftertreatment units it replaces. Better heat management improves fuel efficiency and minimizes periodic maintenance.
• Fuel Filters And Lube Filters From Cummins Filtration - Fleetguard® filters protect against corrosion and contaminants with innovative NanoNet® technology. NanoNet media provides 10 times better protection than conventional fuel filters for lower cost of operation.
• Single High-Capacity Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Offers higher capacity for faster processing of more information, fully integrated control over the engine and aftertreatment system for optimized performance and improved engine lamp strategy.
|2017 Transit And Shuttle Bus Brochure