INLINE 6 Features
Are you tired of trying to get a handle on all the vehicle data link adapter options available that are costly, unreliable, and serve only particular engine makes and service tool software applications? Cummins has introduced a new data link adapter that is fully compliant with TMC's RP1210 standard, and has been designed and environmentally tested to Cummins standards to be rugged and reliable. We are pleased to offer you more for less.
Meet the Cummins INLINE 6 Data Link Adapter. This new adapter is now the only genuine Cummins product on the market and is the only adapter available that Cummins certifies to be 100% compatible with all features of the latest Cummins ECMs and software applications. The INLINE 6 can communicate with your PC through a 9-pin serial connector. The INLINE 6 also can communicate with your PC over a Universal Serial Bus (USB) through a 4-pin standard connector. The INLINE 6 adapter connects to vehicle power, the SAE J1708/J1587 data link, and two CAN/J1939 data links via a 25-pin serial connector.
With full compliance to the Technology and Maintenance Council's RP1210 standard, the INLINE 6 will work with the latest Cummins INSITE, PowerSpec, and Calterm III software applications. It will also work with any other software applications that are fully compliant with the RP1210 standard (note that while some non-Cummins applications fully support RP1210, others do not, so you should test each application in question with the INLINE 6 adapter to make that determination).
Cummins has become the innovator and technology leader in data link adapters and service tools for diesel engines. The eye-catching INLINE 6 breaks new ground by utilizing the latest electronic technology to deliver high performance and high quality at an attractive price. If you ever use data link adapters to download new calibrations to ECMs, you really should be taking advantage of the high-speed communications capabilities inherent in the new Cummins INLINE 6 adapter. So why waste your time and money on more expensive, inferior products that are not fully-compatible with Cummins software? Check out the entire family of INLINE products by selecting from the Products menu above.
Each Cummins INLINE kit contains a data link adapter, basic cables, and the INLINE PC software driver. Load the software driver, connect all the hardware, and you are ready to start a new era in data link adapters.
Order Cummins INLINE products from your Cummins distributor or call 1-800-646-5609.
For support, call 1-800-433-9341.Find a Cummins Dealer or Distributor
INLINE 6 Features
- Supports SAE J1708/J1587 and J1939/CAN data links
- Both CAN ports auto detect between 250 & 500 kbps
- Supports USB full speed port at up to 2M baud rate
- Custom USB cable includes thumbscrews for secure mounting to INLINE 6
- Supports RS-232 PC serial port at up to 115.2k baud rate
- Is fully compliant with TMC's RP1210 standard
- Small enough to fit in pocket
- Attractive black powder coated aluminum housing provides ruggedness
- Derives 8 V to 50 V DC power from vehicle
- Controlled by advanced 140 MHz 32-bit Freescale processor for maximum speed and performance
- Internal Flash memory allows firmware upgradeability
- Includes 6 LEDs to indicate status of power, USB, RS-232, J1708/J1587, and two CAN communication ports
- Both CAN ports support SAE J1939, SAE J2534, and ISO 15765 protocols
- INLINE 6 is certified to meet European CE requirements
- Rated for -40° to +85° C operating temperature
- INLINE 6 meets rigorous Cummins in-cab environmental test requirements
INLINE 6 product kit (P/N 2892092) includes:
- INLINE 6 data link adapter (P/N 2892093)
- USB 14-foot cable (P/N 2892176)*
- DB25F/9-pin data link cable (P/N 4919780)
- DB25F/3-pin/2-pin/2-pin cable (P/N 3165141)
- INLINE 6 software CD (P/N 2892095)
- Storage case (P/N 4918713)
- Protective boot (P/N 2892096)
- J1939 Gender Changer adapter (P/N 3163597)**
- J1939 Backbone adapter (P/N 3163096)**
*P/N 2892176 replaced the 9-foot cable (P/N 2892094). If you need the 14-foot cable, it is available for sale separately.
**These two part numbers were not in the original kit. They are available for sale separately, if needed.
- DB25F/3-pin/3-pin/2-pin cable (P/N 4919797)
- DB25/OBD II cable (P/N 4919781)
- DB9F/DB9M 6 ft. cable (P/N 4918418)
- DB25F/6-pin data link cable (P/N 3165160)